- The Waiting Room – A directory for wellbeing services across Birmingham – visit the-waitingroom.org/
- Forward Thinking Birmingham – Birmingham’s child and adolescent mental health services - call 0300 300 0099 or visit Home | Forward Thinking Birmingham
- PAUSE – Drop-in face to face sessions with no need to book for young people and for parents and carers who are concerned about their child’s wellbeing. Register by calling 020 784 14470 or visiting Pause hubs | Forward Thinking Birmingham
- Solar – Birmingham and Solihull NHS Mental Health Service – call 0121 301 2750 or visit Solar - Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (bsmhft.nhs.uk)
- Birmingham Mind – A branch of the charity MIND – call 0800 915 9292 or visit Home - Birmingham Mind
- Cherished – A charity which provides attachment-focused and trauma-responsive support for children – call 0121 389 8244 or visit cherisheduk.org
- Beacon Family Services – A charity which provides a wide range of services to support families with a wide range of issues including wellbeing - call 0121 270 0590 or visit www.beaconservices.org.uk
National Services for Advice and General Support linked to Mental Health
- NHS Every Mind Matters – For self-care tips and advice on how to manage wellbeing - visit Every Mind Matters - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- YOUNG MINDS provides information and advice so no young person feels alone with their mental health - call 0808 802 5544 or visit www.youngminds.org.uk
- NSPCC – the UK’s leading charity, preventing abuse and helping recovery – visit www.nspcc.org.uk
- Anna Freud – Advice and guidance for parents and carers of children experiencing poor mental health or wellbeing For families | Anna Freud
- Clic Parenting Hub – A group helping parents and carers access mental health support for their children – visit Clic - Free online community supporting everyone with their mental health (clic-uk.org)
National Support Services for Young People
- Childline – Offers support to any young person under the age of 19 - call 0800 1111 or visit www.childline.org.uk
- The MIX for under 25s – call 0808 808 4994 or visit Get Support - The Mix
- SHOUT – the UK’s 24/7 crisis text service for young people for mental health – text SHOUT 85258 or visit giveusashout.org
- KOOTH – online mental health community for young people - visit Home - Kooth
More Useful Wellbeing Links
- NHS: Every Mind Matters – Expert advice and practical tips to help you look after your mental health and wellbeing.
- Action for Children – Protecting and supporting children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives.
- Young Minds – A Parents’ Helpline available to offer advice to parents and carers worried about a child or young person under 25.
- Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families – Providing a range of specialist types for support for children, young people and families, seeing them at the Centre, in schools and other settings.
We use the World Health Organisation’s definition of mental health and wellbeing – ‘a state of well-being in which every individual realises his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community’.