- The school has a training plan for all staff to improve the teaching and learning of children including those with SEND. This includes whole school training on SEND issues such as ASD, dyslexia and Speech and language difficulties.
- Individual teachers and support staff attend training courses run by outside agencies where needs arise that are relevant to specific children in their class e.g. from the Communication and Autism Team (CAT), Sensory Support Services (SSS), etc.
Over the last 12 months staff in school have received the following training:
- Child protection training
- Asthma training
- Epi –pen training
- Safe Guarding
- Autism Training level 1 and level 2
- Peer mediation
- Training in delivering reading and spelling/phonics programmes
- Dyslexia awareness and classroom strategies.
And also in school we have named staff trained in:
- A Lead practitioner in ASD training / Level 3 Autism.
- Qualified first aiders